One of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions growing up was our Thankful Box. Everyday at dinner before eating each member in our family would write on a piece of paper one or two things he or she was thankful for...then on Thanksgiving day we'd open the box up and read all the notes. Following tradition here are a few things that I'm thankful for this year...(not necessarily in any particular order).
1. Ryan. I'm pretty lucky that I tricked such a great guy into marrying me.
2. BYU. While sometimes BYU gets a little old, I'm really glad to be studying here and learning so much. I'm really enjoying what I'm learning and love how it's all influenced how I think about things. And I'm excited to be done.
3. Family. I have the best family ever. I'm so grateful for the wonderful examples they all are of terrific parents, awesome friends, hard workers, and just overall great people.
4. Primary. I love being in Primary. I love the kids we've gotten to teach over the past year. I love how good they all want to be for Jesus. I love how "being nice" or "Jesus" are the answers to pretty much any question. It's such a wonderful reminder of the basics of the gospel.
5. Friends. I'm so grateful for a few friends that make life easier.
6. DC. It was such a great experience. I got to learn more about possible careers, explore an amazing city, and spend tons of time with my favorite person. What a perfect summer.