Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Mom is My Best Friend

My dad is my hero and my mom is my best friend - who could honestly ask for better parents? I know that even if I asked it would be an impossible task to find anyone different that the ones I got. I'm really lucky and really blessed.

My mom is amazing. She can do anything - she can sew cute little zoo print jumpers, she can paint fingernails, she can teach primary songs/young women's themes/books of the old testament while driving in the car, she can cook amazing dinners for 30 some people, she can beautifully decorate a trailer home, she can make incredible professional wedding cakes, she can make any flower arrangement or wreath imaginable, she can tile back splashes with tiny one inch tiles and they'll end up in perfectly straight lines, she's the Queen of Caulk, she can fix a sprinkler system, she can cut hair, and she can make you feel loved and like you can talk to her all day about anything.

My mom is fun. When you get her going in a dressing room with me and my sister she'll have us cracking up like crazy - she always says super cute things that aren't necessarily intended to be funny but end up being hilarious. My mom is thoughtful. She can always look around (whether the house, neighborhood, ward, etc) and see what needs to be done and just do it - she visits whoever and does whatever anyone needs even if she already has a million things on her plate. My mom can read my mind. All through high school she knew what was up - even if she couldn't necessarily read my mind, she could definitely tell something was going on and then get it out of me someway. I don't know how she does it. She's just so easy to talk to.

She's a really amazing person who always puts other people above herself. I'm so lucky to have such a great best friend - and I'm lucky I get to be with her for forever. I just hope that someday I can be as good of a wife and mother as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment